One evening, some friends and I rented a sailboat and captain to sail us up and down the Nile River in Cairo for an hour. After we went down stream for a while, he turned the boat around and started going back to our point of origin. To do that, he had to sail from one side to the other to go upstream. On one of those trips to the far side, he didn’t turn the boat in time and we got caught in some reeds. We yelled out for help to all the boats going by, but no one could hear us. Almost an hour went by before someone stopped. They went across the Nile, got a boat with a motor on it to come pull us out and rescue us.
One thing I’m constantly reminded of is that God is on a rescue mission. We are in need of rescuing, but we don’t always cry out for help. We try to do it ourselves or worse, we don’t acknowledge the situation we’re in. God is waiting to rescue our soul, our lives, our families and ourselves, but it takes us recognizing we can’t do it and that we need Him. He is a rescuer by nature and wants to rescue each of us. If you’re in a situation that needs rescuing, call to Him today and see how He comes to rescue you.
Here are some Bible verses on God rescuing us.
1. Then [in light of the fact that all this is true, be sure that] the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trial, and how to keep the unrighteous under punishment until the day of judgment,
2 PETER 2:9 AMP
2. God did not send his Son into the world to judge and condemn the world, but to be its Savior and rescue it!
John 3:17 TPT
3. And don’t let us yield to temptation, but rescue us from the evil one.
Matthew 6:13 NLT
4. Is anyone crying for help? GOD is listening, ready to rescue you.
Psalm 34:17 MSG
5. But my Sovereign Lord, help me as you have promised, and rescue me because of the goodness of your love.
Psalm 109:21 GNT