I’ve always loved that we are described as being the Body of Christ. Each of us have a role to play that’s different from the other. One of the things we must learn is to focus on our part and quit trying to tell the other parts to act and do things like us. We all have different functions and purposes that reach certain people. I believe we can work together despite our differences. I’ve seen it done in a church I was on staff at. We had over twenty denominations and fifty nationalities who functioned together as one church under one pastor. It was an incredible experience where we learned from each other, respected each other and worked together under our common bond. We have more in common than we do differences. Let’s focus on that and on doing our part in the Body of Christ and let Him be the head.
Here are some Bible verses on being in the Body of Christ.
1. Under his control all the different parts of the body fit together, and the whole body is held together by every joint with which it is provided. So when each separate part works as it should, the whole body grows and builds itself up through love.
Ephesians 4:16 GNT
2. All of you together are Christ’s body, and each of you is a part of it.
1 Corinthians 12:27 NLT
3. For no one ever hated his own body, but [instead] he nourishes and protects and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church, because we are members (parts) of His body.
Ephesians 5:29-30 AMP
4. Let your heart be always guided by the peace of the Anointed One, who called you to peace as part of his one body. And always be thankful.
Colossians 3:15 TPT
5. In the same way, though we are many, we are one body in union with Christ, and we are all joined to each other as different parts of one body.
Romans 12:5 GNT
Photo by Rineshkumar Ghirao on Unsplash