Tomorrow marks the 110th anniversary of the Azusa Street revival in Los Angeles. It was the last great, sustained revival in the US. I know there have been several revivals since, but none have had as profound an impact on culture and society. I believe it is time that revival came to us again. George Wood recently said, “Culture reflects religion.” If that’s true, and I believe it is, we are in desperate need of revival in the Church.
This weekend, there will be two major prayer gatherings to pray for revival. One will be at Azusa Street (You can watch here) and the other at the Lincoln Memorial (You can watch here). I will be attending the one in Washington, DC. I believe if we will humble ourselves, pray, and repent for the sins of the nation, God will bring spiritual healing through revival. I’d encourage you to join with us and pray this weekend.
To help, here are some verses about revival.
1. Won’t you revive us again, so your people can rejoice in you?
Psalms 85:6 NLT
2. I am the high and holy God, who lives forever. I live in a high and holy place, but I also live with people who are humble and repentant, so that I can restore their confidence and hope.
Isaiah 57:15 GNT
3. Then will we not depart from You; revive us (give us life) and we will call upon Your name.
Psalm 80:18 AMP
4. When the humble see it they will be glad; you who seek God, let your hearts revive.
Psalms 69:32 ESV
5. In your faithful love, O LORD, hear my cry; let me be revived by following your regulations.
Psalms 119:149 NLT
6. O Lord, I have heard of what you have done, and I am filled with awe. Now do again in our times the great deeds you used to do. Be merciful, even when you are angry.
Habakkuk 3:2 GNT
7. And now, for a brief moment, grace has been shown us by the Lord our God, Who has left us a remnant to escape and has given us a secure hold in His holy place, that our God may brighten our eyes and give us a little reviving in our bondage.
Ezra 9:8 AMP
8. I have heard all about you, LORD. I am filled with awe by your amazing works. In this time of our deep need, help us again as you did in years gone by. And in your anger, remember your mercy.
Habakkuk 3:2 NLT
9. And afterward I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions. Even upon the menservants and upon the maidservants in those days will I pour out My Spirit.
Joel 2:28-29 AMP
10. Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 NLT