With the big game being in Houston this weekend, there are a lot of celebrities in town. Wherever they go, they don’t have to who to get in. They get VIP treatment. They get attention wherever they go, and people are usually fawning over them. It’s human nature to want to be important and treated that way. We wish we could get that kind of treatment wherever we go, but being a VIP is often at odds with scripture.
God seems to value things differently than we do. In many cases, it’s opposite from us. Being important is one of those things. God uses the least important to do some of His greatest works because they feel nothing is beneath them. The humble are open to doing what He asks without question. That’s why He values humility over being a VIP, and we should too.
Here are some verses about being important.
1. If you think you are too important to help someone, you are only fooling yourself. You are not that important.
Galatians 6:3 NLT
2. He must become more important while I become less important.
John 3:30 GNT
3. Better to be ordinary and work for a living than act important and starve in the process.
Proverbs 12:9 MSG
4. In fact, some parts of the body that seem weakest and least important are actually the most necessary.
1 Corinthians 12:22 NLT
5. But many who are the greatest now will be least important then, and those who seem least important now will be the greatest then.
Matthew 19:30 NLT