Do you ever have those times where you’re spent emotionally, mentally and physically? It often happens when we’ve been worrying, waiting or stressed. You add all that together and it takes a toll on your mind and body. In those times, it doesn’t take much to make you emotional or to overreact to things. It’s human to have those moments, and I think it’s ok that we go through them, but we weren’t designed to live in that state.
When life is piling up and wearing you down, God offers to refresh us and renew us. However, we can’t get that refreshing by focusing on what’s going on in our lives. We get the refreshing from the water of God’s Word. When we put God’s Word into our hearts and minds, then meditate on it, we become refreshed because we start thinking of heavenly things. It gives us a new perspective and allows God to speak into our situation. His Word is an oasis in the deserts of life that we walk through. It’s up to us to stop and take a drink from it in order to be refreshed.
Here are some verses from the Bible on refreshing.
1. Hear my voice according to Your [steadfast] lovingkindness; O LORD, renew and refresh me according to Your ordinances.
PSALM 119:149 AMP
2. I will refresh those who are weary and will satisfy with food everyone who is weak from hunger.
Jeremiah 31:25 GNT
3. The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.
Proverbs 11:25 NLT
4. The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple.
Psalm 19:7 NIV
5. You’re all I want in heaven! You’re all I want on earth! When my skin sags and my bones get brittle, GOD is rock-firm and faithful. Look! Those who left you are falling apart! Deserters, they’ll never be heard from again. But I’m in the very presence of God— oh, how refreshing it is! I’ve made Lord GOD my home. God, I’m telling the world what you do!
Psalm 73:25-28 MSG