Water always takes the path of least resistance. It flows to the lowest point following that path being twisted and turned by whatever is in that path. There are a lot of people who live their lives that way. Their lives are out of control and filled with chaos usually. You and I were not called to live that way though. We must let God direct our lives where we choose to go where He leads. It takes more effort than the path of least resistance because it is purpose driven. If you find yourself meandering in life, ask God to direct your path, and then let it flow where He leads.
Here are some Bible verses on letting God direct your life.
1. May the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the steadfastness and patience of Christ.
2 Thessalonians 3:5 AMP
2. If the Spirit is the source of our life, we must also allow the Spirit to direct every aspect of our lives.
Galatians 5:25 TPT
3. Listen, my son, and be wise, And direct your heart in the way [of the Lord].
Proverbs 23:19 AMP
4. The steps of a [good and righteous] man are directed and established by the Lord, And He delights in his way [and blesses his path].
Psalms 37:23 AMP
5. What I say is this: let the Spirit direct your lives, and you will not satisfy the desires of the human nature.
Galatians 5:16 GNT
Thanks to Wynand Uys @wynand_uys for making this photo available freely on Unsplash 🎁