Nothing makes you forget the past like the present. The Old Testament shows how we as humans go through cycles of seeing God do something amazing, allowing it to change us, facing something new, forgetting what God has done then panicking. Over time, we tend to forget all that God has done and brought us through. God gave instructions to the Israelites to do different things in order to remember what He did. When we remember, we have faith in Him to do it again. When we forget, our problems seem insurmountable. God will not abandon you. He has a history of meeting whatever you’re facing head on and beating it. Don’t let your present cause you to forget God’s faithfulness. Remember today what He’s done for you in the past.
Here are some Bible verses on remembering God’s faithfulness.
1. You shall not be afraid of them; you shall remember [with confidence] what the Lord your God did to Pharaoh and to all Egypt.
Deuteronomy 7:18 AMP
2. Remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me.
Isaiah 46:9 ESV
3. Remember the wonders he has performed, his miracles, and the rulings he has given.
Psalms 105:5 NLT
4. I remember the glorious miracles of days gone by, and I often think of all the wonders of old.
Psalms 143:5 TPT
5. Yet hope returns when I remember this one thing: Fresh as the morning, as sure as the sunrise.
Lamentations 3:21, 23 GNT