In Joshua 4, as the Israelites were crossing the Jordan, God told them to get 12 stones from the middle of the riverbed. He wanted them to set up a memorial that would remind them of what He did. You find several stories like this in the Bible. God knows we tend to forget what He’s done in the past for us. We don’t need to set up stones around town, but we do need to find a way to create something that will remind us of all God has done for us so we don’t forget. When troubles come, we can look at it and grow our faith knowing that God came through in the past and believe He will again. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. What He’s done before, He will do again. Don’t forget it.
Here are some Bible verses on never forgetting what God has done.
1. And this memorial pillar I have set up will become a place for worshiping God, and I will present to God a tenth of everything he gives me.
Genesis 28:22 NLT
2. Only pay attention and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things which your eyes have seen and they do not depart from your heart all the days of your life. Make them known to your children and your grandchildren [impressing these things on their mind and penetrating their heart with these truths].
Deuteronomy 4:9 AMP
3. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits,
Psalm 103:2 ESV
4. For perpetuity God’s ways will be passed down from one generation to the next, even to those not yet born. In this way, every generation will set its hope in God and not forget his wonderful works but keep his commandments.
Psalms 78:6-7 TPT
5. But that is the time to be careful! Beware that in your plenty you do not forget the Lord your God and disobey his commands, regulations, and decrees that I am giving you today.
Deuteronomy 8:11 NLT
Photo by Sean Stratton on Unsplash
2 responses to “Don’t Forget”
Amen, brother. And sometimes God does something he’s never done before—like save the world.
Behold I’m doing a new thing! He definitely does. Thankfully we can trust in and rely on Him.