I have a friend whose ministry is called Rational Defense Of Faith. His ministry is holding multimedia presentations in churches that give believers the facts they need to defend their faith. He discusses what arguments atheists, evolutionists and others bring up and how to ask questions that doesn’t destroy them, but rather causes them to think differently. Many people have come to the Lord through him and others who have equipped themselves with the truth of God’s Word and scientific facts.
I’m not advocating that we go out and pick fights with people, but each of us should be ready to defend the faith within us. The world is becoming increasingly more bold in its attacks on faith. It’s up to each one of us to understand God’s Word, His world and to get power from prayer. 1 Peter 3:15 tells us that we should always be ready to give an answer to anyone who asks about the hope in us. We do that by putting on the Belt of Truth each day. Our faith is worth fighting for, but we need to do it in such a way that it leads others to the cross rather than further away.
Here are some Bible Verses on Fighting for your Faith.
1. Fight the good fight of the faith [in the conflict with evil]; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called, and [for which] you made the good confession [of faith] in the presence of many witnesses.
1 TIMOTHY 6:12 AMP
2. We are human, but we don’t wage war as humans do. We use God’s mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments. We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ.
2 Corinthians 10:3-5 NLT
3. Dear friends, I’ve dropped everything to write you about this life of salvation that we have in common. I have to write insisting—begging!—that you fight with everything you have in you for this faith entrusted to us as a gift to guard and cherish.
Jude 1:3 MSG
4. Put on God’s complete set of armor provided for us, so that you will be protected as you fight against the evil strategies of the accuser!
Ephesians 6:11 TPT
5. Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13 NLT