Recently, my son asked me what my favorite thing was. After I understood what he was asking, I replied, “Space.” He wanted to know why. I explained that space shows off God’s handiwork. It reminds me of all He can do with just His spoken word. When I look into space, I see my impossibilities becoming possible. I realize just how small I am in comparison to the universe, yet my significance to God is far greater than the reaches of space.
God created everything beyond earth for more than our enjoyment and education. He put it there to point us to Him. He wants to be found by us, to be searched out and sought after the way He seeks us. Space was His way to remind us to look up and beyond ourselves. It’s His daily reminder that He is there and cares deeply for us. If He is greater than the universe, then He is greater than anything we will ever face.
Here are some Bible verses about space.
1. When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers— the moon and the stars you set in place— what are mere mortals that you should think about them, human beings that you should care for them?
Psalms 8:3-4 NLT
2. And there are heavenly bodies and earthly bodies; the beauty that belongs to heavenly bodies is different from the beauty that belongs to earthly bodies. The sun has its own beauty, the moon another beauty, and the stars a different beauty; and even among stars there are different kinds of beauty.
1 Corinthians 15:40-41 GNT
3. Be glad, earth and sky! Tell the nations that the Lord is king.
1 Chronicles 16:31 GNT
4. The heavens proclaim his righteousness; every nation sees his glory.
Psalms 97:6 NLT
5. The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known.
Psalms 19:1-2 NLT