In today’s fast paced world where we are having to do more with less, it’s easy to become fatigued and tired. Before the internet and technology as we know it, there weren’t Starbucks on every corner. Technology has improved our lives no doubt, but it has also made us work more than ever. The amount of information we consume also can make us feel like we need a brain break. What we need is a refreshing in our body, mind and spirit. The refreshing that God offers does just that. It reinvigorates us and helps us to be able to continue doing the things that God has called us to no matter what life has brought against us.
Like a glass of ice cold water on a hot day, God wants to bring refreshing times to us no matter what we are going through. His Word promises that if we will go to Him when we are weary and tired, He will refresh us. Like any promise in the Bible, we must do our part first. We need to take time to be still and quiet in His presence. We need to give up the heavy burdens we’re carrying and give them to Him. We need to spend time in His Word and to repent of any sin in our lives, then He will give us times of refreshing that will give us what we need to make it through life and be the light He has called us to be.
Here are some Bible verses on how God promises to refresh us.
1. The law of the LORD is perfect (flawless), restoring and refreshing the soul; The statutes of the LORD are reliable and trustworthy, making wise the simple.
PSALMS 19:7 AMP
2. And now you must repent and turn back to God so that your sins will be removed, and so that times of refreshing will stream from the Lord’s presence.
Acts 3:19 TPT
3. What joy for those whose strength comes from the Lord, who have set their minds on a pilgrimage to Jerusalem. When they walk through the Valley of Weeping, it will become a place of refreshing springs. The autumn rains will clothe it with blessings.
Psalms 84:5-6 NLT
4. Now, Lord, do it again! Restore us to our former glory! May streams of your refreshing flow over us until our dry hearts are drenched again.
Psalms 126:4 TPT
5. Come to Me, all who are weary and heavily burdened [by religious rituals that provide no peace], and I will give you rest [refreshing your souls with salvation].
MATTHEW 11:28 AMP